nūretin™ for Support of Retina Health
A Specially Formulated Dietary Supplement to Support Healthy Retina Function.*
nūretin is a specially formulated dietary supplement developed by PRN to help support retina health.
- nūretin contains the most absorbable form of EPA and DHA available: The Omega-3s in nūretin are in a highly refined, concentrated, and re-esterified form (rTG) which is the most bio-available form of Omega-3s.
- Omega-3s, specifically DHA, are essential nutrients which may support a healthy retina: DHA is considered essential because it cannot be made or stored by the body, but can only be obtained through a food source or by dietary supplementation.1
- Ensures purity and safety with third-party testing: nūretin is manufactured in Norway in compliance with the strictest cGMP standards to ensure its purity and safety. These facilities are certified to meet standards for the manufacture of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, so you can rest assured that every batch and every bottle meets our rigorous standards for concentration and purity.
- Features a proprietary molecular distillation process: Our molecular distillation process ensures a product of outstanding purity when compared to non–distilled Omega-3 products commonly found in most over-the-counter Omega-3 supplements.
To find out more about nūretin or to complete your doctor’s recommendation, call a highly trained PRN Product Advisor toll-free at +1 (844) 776-4968. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
How Omega-3s Help to Support Macular and Retinal Health
- The retina is a light-sensitive layer that lines two-thirds of the back of your eye. Similar to the film in a camera, it is responsible for receiving light energy and converting this to visual signals before the optic nerve carries them to the brain.
- The macula, located in the central portion of your retina, is important for central vision and the ability to see fine details.
The retina and macular regions of your eye can deteriorate because of age and other factors. It’s essential to include eye-supporting nutrients — like Omega-3 into your diet to help maintain your eye health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why shouldn’t I buy fish oil from my local store?
A: Many store-bought omega-3s are in a synthetic (ester) or unpurified form, which is difficult to absorb and leaves a fishy odor/aftertaste. PRN Omega-3s are in an ultra-purified triglyceride (rTG) form, which is a similar form to a piece of fish, but without the impurities. This form is easier for your body to absorb and micro-distilled to remove contaminants like PCBs, lead, mercury and more. PRN omega-3s are manufactured in a NSF®️ and cGMP facility.
Q: Are there any side effects when taking this product?
A: PRN Omega-3s are tested and safe. Commonly reported side effects of omega-3 supplements are usually mild. These could include unpleasant taste, bad breath, heartburn, nausea, gastrointestinal discomfort, diarrhea, headache, and odoriferous sweat. In addition, Omega-3 dietary supplements, such as fish oil, have the potential to interact with medications such as Warfarin and other blood-thinning medications. People taking these and other medications on a regular basis should discuss possible interactions with their healthcare providers.
Q: Why can’t I just eat fish?
A: The American Heart Association and the American Cardiology Association recommend 2-3 grams of omega-3s daily (EPA+DHA). To get this amount of Omega 3s (generally equal to 3 soft gels of PRN Omega 3s daily) from eating fish, you would have to consume the equivalent of 37 cans of tuna per week! Eating this much fish could result in an increased risk for mercury poisoning. Other fish that can be purchased in stores are mostly farm-raised which have little Omega-3s, or wild-caught, which are optimal but have an increased risk of being contaminated with harmful PCBs, dioxins, mercury, etc.
Q: Why not Flaxseed?
A: Flaxseed contains the plant source of Omega-3s, also known as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). This form is less easy to absorb and less effective in the body. Marine-based Omega-3s have been shown to be more absorbable which may provide systemic benefits.*
Q: I am a small person, why do I need the same amount of Omega-3s as a larger person?
A: Bodyweight does not have a direct correlation with Omega-3 saturation. These Omega-3s are in a purified triglyceride form — the same form you ingest when you eat fish. The amount of omega-6s within your diet is the competing factor for Omega-3 saturation.
and can change or cancel at any time by calling us at 844-776-4968. PLEASE NOTE: Orders placed on Friday, Sat or Sunday will not ship out until Monday. UPS expedited shipping is counted in business days and does not include weekend days.