nūretin™ for Diabetic Retinopathy
A specially formulated medical food to delay the onset and slow the progression to Diabetic Retinopathy
nūretin is a specially formulated medical food developed by PRN that may delay the onset and slow the progression to Diabetic Retinopathy.
Diabetic Retinopathy is a serious health concern that can lead to compromised sight and blindness for people with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. It is the leading cause of blindness in the working age population.
When a diabetic patient develops Diabetic Retinopathy, abnormal blood vessels begin to grow in the retina as the existing retinal blood vessels close off. If it continues to advance, it can lead to impaired vision and blindness. Slowing down the disease is crucial to preserve optimal eyesight.
Reducing the risk, or slowing it down, may be possible1 thanks to the essential Omega-3 fatty acids, specifically DHA, found in nūretin.
Your doctor recommended nūretin because it may delay the onset, slow the progression, and reduce the risk of sight-threatening vision loss associated with Diabetic Retinopathy.1 nūretin must be used on a continuous basis and may provide a number of distinct benefits.
- Everyone with diabetes is at risk of developing Diabetic Retinopathy:Nuretin is specially formulated for people at risk for diabetic retinopathy. It provides beneficial Omega-3s, specifically the essential fatty acid DHA which is needed to maintain and support vision.
- nūretin has the most absorbable form of EPA and DHA available in it: Approximately 70 percent of people with diabetes have a limited ability to digest and absorb dietary fats including Omega-3s EPA and DHA. The Omega-3s in nūretin are made using its highly refined, concentrated, and re-esterified form (rTG).
- Omega-3s, specifically DHA, are essential to healthy retinal function: A variety of clinical studies support that Omega-3s, espeicially Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) may delay the onset and slow the progression of Diabetic Retinopathy in patients who have diabetes. DHA is considered essential because it cannot be made or stored by the body, but rather only obtained through a food source or by dietary supplementation.
- What is a ‘Medical Food’? A medical food is a food specifically formulated to provide distinctive nutritional needs that cannot be met by normal diet alone and that helps in the dietary management of a specific disease.
- Physician supervision required: Because nūretin is a medical food product, it must be used under physician supervision.
To find out more about nūretin or to complete your doctor’s recommendation, call a highly trained PRN Product Advisor toll-free at (844) 776-4968. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.